Explosion-Proof Parallel-Shaft Helical Gearmotors
Looking for a compact and safe drive solution for potentially explosive areas? The F..EDR.. parallel-shaft helical gearmotors are ATEX-compliant, ensuring you’re always on the safe side.
Due to their design, the standard parallel-shaft helical gear units from the F series save installation space. Combined with the EDR.. motors, the result is a complete ATEX-compliant gearmotor in accordance with equipment group II in categories 2GD or 3GD.
These explosion-proof F..EDR.. parallel-shaft helical gearmotors can thus be used without any difficulty for all your applications in sensitive gas zones 1 and 2, as well as dust zones 21 and 22. You won’t have to compromise with these gearmotors – instead, you get continuous protection and compact drive power.
To ensure maximum power variation, 10 different motor sizes deliver a power range from 0.12 kW to 45 kW. The modular design of the F parallel-shaft helical gear unit offers you a vast spectrum of variation and customised configuration options.
- Compliant with EC Directive 94/9/EC (ATEX), or as of April 20, 2016 of the EU Directive 2014/34/EU (ATEX) and IECEx
- Can be used in categories 2G, 2GD and 3GD, 3D for zones 1 / 21 and 2 / 22
- Also available as brakemotor in category 3
- Conform to the efficiency class IE2
- In accordance with IECEx to EPL Gb and Db as well as Gc and Dc
- In accordance with the IECEx Certified Equipment Scheme, EDRS and EDRE motor types are audited and certified by PTB by means of ExTr, QAR, and CoC. For more information on the certification system, see the website of the International Electrotechnical Commission.
- Operation on a frequency inverter, also in field-weakening operation, for categories 2 and 3 and/or EPL .b and .c
- According to HazLoc-NA® (NEC500/C22.1)
- Motors are certified according to the Class Division System and therefore meet the explosion protection requirements for the North American market
- Available as CID2 type, for Division 2 Class I for gas groups A, B, C and D
- Available as CIID2 type, Division 2 Class II for dust groups F and G
- Available as type /CICIID2, for Division 2 Class I for gas groups A, B, C and D and Class II for dust groups F and G
- Also available as brakemotor
- Operation with frequency inverter possible
|F.. gear units (two-stage and three-stage)||EDR.. motors|
|Gear unit size||MaMax. Gear unit
|27||130||71S4 – 100LC4||0.12 – 3.0|
|37||200||71S4– 100LC4||0.12 – 3.0|
|47||400||71S4– 100LC4||0.12 – 3.0|
|57||600||71S4– 132M4||0.12 – 5.5|
|67||820||71S4– 132M4||0.12 – 5.5|
|77||1500||71S4– 160M4||0.12 – 9.2|
|87||3000||71S4– 180L4||0.12 – 18.5|
|97||4300||80S4 – 225M4||0.55 – 45|
|107||7840||100M4 – 225M4||2.2 – 45|
|127||12 000||132M4 – 225M4||5.5 – 45|
|157||18 000||160M4 – 225M4||9.2 – 45|
Areas of Application
- Applications in potentially explosive areas with air/gas or air/dust mixtures according to Directive 94/9/EC (ATEX), or as of April 20, 2016 of the EU Directive 2014/34/EU (ATEX)
- Applications with equipment categories II2GD and II3GD
- Use with air mixtures
- Materials handling applications
- Chain conveyors
- Process applications
- Screw conveyors
- Gantry cranes